cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no signal to new v6 box

happywomble
Joining in

I have taken my old tivo out and plugged in 2 of the three wires! hdmi to tv from box and power cable to plug socket. I have attached the connecter lead sent with the box to the white coax cable but cant see where that gets plugged into. it is in the box ok just the other end?

8 REPLIES 8

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi happywomble,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Are you able to send a picture of what you mean so we can help?

Alex_Rm

The IEC connector goes into the COAX IN port of the V6.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @happywomble,

I'm just checking in to see if you need any further assistance with this since your post?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OP needs an IEC adaptor, not an IEC lead.

814AE0B7-B3C8-40E6-B74A-2D6F3BA260F8.jpeg

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't see why you have posted an image of an RF connector, not supplied by VM, when the IEC connector supplied by VM is the coax adapter for the V6 and plugs into the COAX IN socket.

20181126_001138_15pc.jpg

20191108_151558_25.jpg

--

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

I don't see why you have posted an image of an RF connector, not supplied by VM, when the IEC connector supplied by VM is the coax adapter for the V6 and plugs into the COAX IN socket.

20181126_001138_15pc.jpg

20191108_151558_25.jpg

OK. If that is the lead that was provided (the OP didn’t post a picture) then I stand corrected.

My V6 is connected to the coax by an RF connector like the one I pictured as an example. It was fitted by a VM tech.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It might be that the techs are supplied with RF connectors (which they incorrectly call flyleads as an aerial flylead has a male connector at both ends to connect a TV to a wall socket), but VM supplies IEC connector leads with a male and female connector to customers.

--

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey happywomble, thank you for reaching out.

Please can you just confirm if you need anymore assistant with this please? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?