Menu
warrenmoore
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no display from tivo, sound ok reboot not helping

this has been getting worse over the last few weeks.when i power up tivo i get starting up screen.eventually it gets to the home screen ok. blank screen in preview window top right.i pick any channel but the screen is blank.if i press info button it shows info at the bottom ok but doesnt show the actually channel on screen. this is the same for recorded content.tried several hdmi cables, other device work in the hdmi ports on the tv. i have had to completely unplug tivo for 10 minutes before to get it to work but now even that is not working

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: no display from tivo, sound ok reboot not helping

Hi there @warrenmoore

Welcome back to our Community; I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your TV service at the moment and that a reboot is not helping.

I have located your account from your forum information; however, when attempting to go through some checks, it is currently advising that your set top box is switched off. Please can you ensure that the box is on for us in order to go through our checks that would be great. 

Please do pop back when you can and we'll be more than happy to help you out; once we've done our checks there is the possibility that we can get a replacement sent for you to self install if you would be comfortable with that. 

Keep us posted

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
warrenmoore
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it was turned off because thats the only way i can get it to come on with a picture the next day. i will leave it turned on now

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon @warrenmoore 

Thank you for coming back to us, are you able to confirm if you are still having these issues? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
warrenmoore
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

why should it be working , nobody has done anything. this is why im leaving virgin and going to sky

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi warrenmoore,

Sorry to see that we've been struggling to have this sorted for you

I'm going to drop you a PM so we can ensure that I'm dedicated to having the appropriate action being taken on the account

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for my message

Thanks

David_Bn

0 Kudos
warrenmoore
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: no display from tivo, sound ok reboot not helping. No help for 2 weeks

its been 2 weeks since i registered this problem and nothing has been done..it is so hard to talk to a real person, your links take you round and round until they just cut you off. Your diagnostics pages crash if you manage to actually get them to load.   

i have been with virgin many years now but its time to move to SKY. Their broadband speed isnt as high as what i have now but i dont need it, You dont get any loyalty offers for staying with Virgin and SKY is half the price of what im paying now. I cant reduce the TV package i have with you to reduce the costs because you remove all the HD channels so its time to move on.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: no display from tivo, sound ok reboot not helping. No help for 2 weeks

Hey warrenmoore,

I have looked into your account and can see that you have been in touch with the team over the last few days. Please could you confirm if this has now been resolved?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos