Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

netgear nighthawk x6s & VM Powerline extender

Hello, with recent poor internet performance and family at home every day, I’ve invested in a netgear nighthawk x6s to improve the wifi. With my Hub v3 in modem mode, the wifi is far better. However, I have a second V6 box in the bedroom, which uses a Virgin Powerline adapter to access on demand/Netflix etc.from the Hub v3. Does anyone know how to setup the Powerline adapter to work with the Netgear router? Will it work if I just connect the downstairs adapter to the Netgear with an Ethernet cable, or is it more complicated? Also, can you recommend a gigabit switch to work with the Netgear router, which offers 8 ports or similar? Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: netgear nighthawk x6s & VM Powerline extender

Just connecting the existing cable (that connected the powerline to the Hub 3) to the Netgear setup should work just fine.

As for an 8 port gigabit this should do the trick 

Matt
If I've helped please let me know 🙂

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: netgear nighthawk x6s & VM Powerline extender

Thanks for your reply, it was very helpful. I managed to get the powerline adapter working. The internet service from VM is still intermittent, but hopefully will improve. My area is waiting for an a fix in May. I’ve purchased the switch and hope to set it up tonight. Thanks again!

0 Kudos