Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

netflix

my netflix on my v6 box keeps saying this programme is unavailable please try another programme and that is everything i try . but on my tv it works fine. any ideas plz what it could be

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflix

@rayu62 wrote:

my netflix on my v6 box keeps saying this programme is unavailable please try another programme and that is everything i try . but on my tv it works fine. any ideas plz what it could be

I've been suffering from this problem permanently since December (and intermittently before that) and have been unable to find a fix. Apparently a full clear and reset of the box doesn't fix it. I have heard suggestions about swapping HDMI cables, or switching to a wired connection rather than wi-fi and things like that, but not found anything that works for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tavis75, 

Thanks for your message, and sorry to hear you're having some trouble using Netflix.

Can you confirm if you're accessing Netflix via the channel or through Home> Apps?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's either been through Home->Apps or through a Series Link+, I've never used the channel to access it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

Can you confirm when you last did a reboot of the box?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

mine is now working fine . i havent done anything but someone else told me it could have been my tv that took an update that caused the problem ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same problem.

I first noticed it last Wednesday - everything had been fine up to then. I rebooted the box which seemed to fix the problem but 48 hours later it happened again!

I have not had any TV updates and Netflix works fine on my smart TV, PC and iPad, which indicates it is purely a Virgin problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve10,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with Netflix via your set top box.

Have you tried through channel 204 rather than through the app?

Have you done a reboot on the box, unplugging from the power then 2 minutes then plugging back in?

Are you using the box via WiFi or an Ethernet cable?

If you are using our box via WiFi , can you try a cable if possible.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Yes, i have tried channel 204 as well as the app but it didn't make any difference.

Yes, I have rebooted the V6 on three occasions. Each time it solved the problem for a day or two!

The V6 is connected via Wi-Fi and has been for the last two years without any problems as the hub is in a different room.

I rebooted the hub as well to see if it made any difference - it did not.

As I said earlier Neflix works fine on my iPad, PC and Smart TV app, which all connect via WiFi.

Another thing: When Netflix will not play on the V6 all the other V6 apps (BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, YouTube etc.) only play sound but no picture - weird.

Anyway, it's working at the moment (after yet another reboot)

0 Kudos