Menu
EOF79
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

need to enter PIN to watch TV following upgrade

Hi, 

I have just upgrade my TV package. I noticed today that I am asked to enter my PIN to watch shows (e.g. certified 15 before 6pm) 

Message " this show has been classified as 18 and requires a PIN to view before 22.00"

My V6 setting dont have an option for general viewing.

Im finding nothing useful on the virgin website and the "help" service is hopeless and un-contactable.

HELP!!

Tags (1)
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: need to enter PIN to watch TV following upgrade

Which channels is this on?

Sky Cinema, Sky Documentaries and Sky Comedy all have mandatory PIN protection for shows they broadcast outside the watershed hours for that show.

That's part of OFCOM rules and can't be turned off.

On Demand also has PIN protection based on the watershed hours.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/parental-controls-tv-pin

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: need to enter PIN to watch TV following upgrade

Hi EOF79,

This thread should clear things up for you.

Watershed parental control 

Also, in case you need the PIN, instructions from the online manual

Your Virgin TV V6 box PIN
You may need to enter a Virgin TV V6 box PIN before you can view programmes or use certain services. Some content we’ve locked, others you can choose to lock yourself. Your default Virgin TV V6 box PIN is 1234 and you can change this if you fancy.
Want to set up a PIN in apps like Netflix and BBC iPlayer? You can set them up inside each app. 
Forgotten your Virgin TV V6 box PIN? You can reset it via the Help section. Just look for TV Care.

Find out more by going to our Help section from Home.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post