Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mystery recordings on V6 box

Our V6 box often appears to be recording programmes without being asked to (the programme guide shows the channel with the red "R" showing on the programme - it is always a programme that is currently being broadcast.  These are not programmes that are "favourites" of ours and we rarely want them recorded.  In the event, these programmes do not usually end up in the recorded programme list (though I think they sometimes might) so it is not a great problem, but we would really like to know why the V6 is claiming to record them.  If you hit Record on one of these programmes it says it is already being recorded and asks if you want to stop the recording. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: mystery recordings on V6 box

Hello

These will be the suggestions that are being recorded you can turn this off -

Turn Off Suggestions

1. Press Home on the remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Enter your PIN
  5. Select Recordings
  6. Select Suggestions to change your settings

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks DJ Shadows 66, I've tried that and will see if it does the trick.  I was aware of that facility but assumed it wasn't the problem
because most programmes claiming to be recorded were not ones we would ever watch (so why "suggest" them?) and the shows
were not ultimately appearing in our recorded shows list anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Your Virgin TV V6 box learns what you like the most and makes suggestions for you. But not just any old stuff – it suggests programmes based on your recordings and thumb ratings, and the thumb ratings of other users.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos