Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

missing most channels

Upgraded to 350 broadband yesterday afternoon as soon as the delivery arrived, which is now working OK, after a couple of initial problems.

Installed TV for the first time last evening, after a few restarts; it is working but only a couple of channels, rather than the full list from my subscription.

Have rebooted several times, including this morning, but no change. Is there some manual authentication I have to do?

Checked all the connections, and broadband is working, the V6 restarts OK after a manual reboot, so I guess its network connection is fine too. 

Since my hearing is rather poor, I'd rather get answer online, instead of on the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: missing most channels

Hi try press Home go to help and settings press OK then settings then network select re connect to the virgin media network, the first phases should be quite quick, the last part goes up in percentages to 100% and will take a bit longer.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, gave that a try - it went through the process successfully, but no further forward.

It looks as if the V6 is not authenticated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a 7400 code?

If so, take the action in the message to get your box activated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Call the Activation number again and see if it was activated properly - 0800 953 9500

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

John,

You may have missed in my original message that I prefer not to use the phone, due to my poor hearing. Trying to talk to the tech support about my broadband yesterday was terrible, from a combination of a strong foreign accent at their end and poor hearing at my end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Where might I find a 7400 code?

All I've had was an email with my new Virgin phone number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi is it possible to get a friend or relative to help after you have answered your security questions or put the phone on speaker so two people can listen and reply as this normally done on a phone.Regards Micky
0 Kudos