cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

late infomation from VM Plus call centres?

lyndaT1
On our wavelength

This morning my TV just stopped for no reason

the code c133 no internet connection

Ok i did everything i was suppose to do check this check that take out the plug for 30 seconds NOPE didnt work

Now i did think this was an outage BUT had notification of this so i called the VM Call centre

He ran through a few checks AND MORE

1are you the account holder [YES]

2 What is your memorable word [YES TOLD HIM]

3 What was you last/next bill [yes told him]

Now this one shocked me

4 What is your banks sort code [WHAT you want me to give personal details like that over the phone]

Yes he said or i will have to say you failed the security check Becaise i have your details here on my screen

THEN FAIL ME

I think i gave enough infomation about my account without offerening any of my banking infomation at all

bill date [and how much each was and dates ],memorable word,

Im very strict on security esp when it comes to my banking detials i dont care who you are Virgin media call centres or the Pope  i will not give out details like that  Especially where these call cenres are

Do you think i was wrong doing this ?

3 yrs ago i needed one of these call centres to go remote on my pc because he needed to go into my settings

so i allowed this

i watched carefully where he went at 1st he stay in my pc setting BUT then shocked i see him go into some personal folders  i cut the internet right at that point [then called VM back i was lucky the call went to Ireland

You know i have had at least 40 calls from VM  AMAZON and such which i knew where not real were SCAMS

the VM calls saying we are going to cut your internet due to unethical use of internet  Amazon saying someone has used my account  funny really I DONT HAVE AN ACCOUNT

So how can VM expect me to give details like that when you have them already and fail  my security because i wont give such a personal detail

So basically why do VM have to use such call centres in that area of the world? i myself put it down to you being CHEAP

Why can we not get through to a call centre here in the UK

Sorry for going on but this is a big issue all over UK Scamming takes 10's of millions of £s a year from people bank

accounts

and i will not be a victim

L 😠

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM call centres do legitimately ask for the sort code as part of the ID process. They cannot see your bank account number & will not ask for it. It is also you that initiated the call to the call centre & not them calling you, which would have been a risk.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add - I would agree with caution when you receive a call claiming to be from a particular organisation. When you have called them on their published number, then reasonable security on their part to establish your credibility as account holder - is not only reasonable but expected.

I'd worry if they didn't check your credentials. Normally the account password would be sufficient, but payment & billing details are no less legitimate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

lyndaT1
On our wavelength

well ive had a run in with one of those call centre's  before i DO NOT trust them even if i did call

when one of the people you employ decides to take liberties with personal folders when  we are remote access to check my settings and he starts moving round my personal folders why should i have to give my sort code

i couldnt remember my password  i think giving a previous and future bill including exactly how much should be enough

Normally the account password would be sufficient, but payment & billing details are no less legitimate.

well sorry he was addament he wanted it for he was going to fail my access and he did

now surely we are due some kind of compensation

only 1 hour later i get a text saying the problem was an outage in my area geeze were getting these everyday

and to access internet again you have to stop what your doing loose the work you have already done and RESTART the computer