Menu
mjones72
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

itv pixalating

itv is pixelating.

I have turned the V6 box off and back on again and waited for the picture to return but itv is just the same.

Have tried all your recommendations but half way through checking one of my boxes your report states that something has gone wrong with the test.

Nothing else happens and I have had to send you this message as I cannot do any more.

There is no service from you on the telephone.

M. Jones

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: itv pixalating

Hi  M Jones,

Sorry to see you are having issues watching ITV.

Check all your cables are snug and tight, especially the white coaxial cable.

Can you check to see if  any other channels affected, and if so list them? 

Do you receive any error messages?

Do you have any issues with catch up/on demand or apps?

What about recordings?

Sorry to ask so many questions but it really does help to  determine if it's a box or signal fault

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: itv pixalating

Pixellation on live TV, assuming you've restarted your box and checked your connections, is more often than not, the result of a fault somewhere between your box and cabling, that's causing the incoming signal to breakup.

There's a few checks you can do, if it's only happening with, say recorded programmes etc - but you've mentioned live TV so that sounds like signal problems to me.

I know it's not what you'll want to hear, but calling in really is the best way at the moment. You can try using the text message service (07533 051809) which will tend to respond after a day or so..

Quite often, if the 150 diagnostic machine spots a detectable fault, it will offer you online booking of an engineer visit and save you queuing for an agent, but if not then I'm afraid you'll have to join the queue like everyone else. Sorry...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos