Menu
Ebley
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

is there a way to cancel online, unwanted channels to my package?

I have had an email today at 9:33 telling me that "Box Nation" has bee added to my package for £4.03, I did not see the email until 17:30 ish (5:30pm), and phone up virgin media but no body answered and gave up after 35 mins (I guess no one is working today because of the corona virus).

this also happened on the 05/01/2020 at 9:15 for "Premier Sports" for £8.99, but some one answered the phone that day.

there needs to be or maybe there is a way i can cancel this online so i do not have to rely on some one answering the phone.

if there is a way to cancel online can some one send me a link to it, I have looked all over the web site and only found how to add channels not remove.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: is there a way to cancel online, unwanted channels to my package?

@Ebley wrote:

I have had an email today at 9:33 telling me that "Box Nation" has bee added to my package for £4.03, I did not see the email until 17:30 ish (5:30pm), and phone up virgin media but no body answered and gave up after 35 mins (I guess no one is working today because of the corona virus).

this also happened on the 05/01/2020 at 9:15 for "Premier Sports" for £8.99, but some one answered the phone that day.

there needs to be or maybe there is a way i can cancel this online so i do not have to rely on some one answering the phone.

if there is a way to cancel online can some one send me a link to it, I have looked all over the web site and only found how to add channels not remove.

There is no way to cancel online & never has been. VMs main outsourced call centre is in Manila, which has been in lockdown since Friday. This has made an already bad situation worse. There are still some staff working the forums, so you will just have to hope they can help out with this.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ebley, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you've been unable to get through on the phones, as nodrogd has mentioned due to current circumstances call volumes are much higher than usual. 

If you can please text the team on +4453 305 1809 they'll be able to help you with this 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Ebley
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

would of thought that a call centre job is the perfect job to do from home.
0 Kudos
Ebley
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think that is the wrong number, think it should be +447533051809 as i think you only remove the 0 then add +44 for a mobile number to text or call it from out side the UK, but thank you for the information.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies. Yes, please text 0753 305 1809 🙂

All the best,

Beth

0 Kudos
Ebley
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i have now sent a message to that number, did not realise it was an automated system so wrote out a large text hit send then immediately got a message asking for all my info that was in the large text, should of just sent the word help to kick it all of, now i know for the next time (if there is a next time).

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You will be passed through to an agent at the nearest opportunity after going through the automated queue. The agents will be able to view all messages sent by yourself. 

Beth

0 Kudos