Menu
stabilo00
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

iplayer link / record

Hi.When I record a series on bbc some episodes get recorded and some just get an iplayer link. Why does it do this ?

Thanx

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: iplayer link / record

.. because those that you get an iPlayer link are not currently available to record.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stabilo00
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Strange because it did on odd episodes in middle of series. Nothing else being recorded at same time.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You have your series link set to include "recordings and streaming videos", a recording (when available) should always override a streaming bookmark though. If no broadcast examples of a particular episode are available to record, a streaming video link is created as you've found.

What's the specific programme/episode?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It was the latest series of inside the factory. Was just one episode it put the iPlayer link in instead of recording. Guess it was just a software bug.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No bug, just operating as designed. @Ernie_C  answer looks like the correct one to me.

If a particular episode matches the SL criteria and isn't available to record, then a VOD bookmark is the intended behaviour.

If you don't want this to happen, change your SL settings to include "Recordings only"

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But it was available to record. It was actually on the night it put the link in. It recorded first epsode, linked second and recorded third. Series is ongoing at the moment.
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

... then you need to check in recording hiccups why that program didn’t record, if it was actually broadcast.

0 Kudos