Menu
Mog0
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer and Prime Video Black screen when launched

On my Virgin TV box, launching the iPlayer or Prime video apps just gives a black screen. I've tried waiting for 5 minutes + and nothing happens. I have to press the Home button on the remote to get out of the app. They've not been working for at least a day now so it's not a brief glitch.

Netflix still works so it's not the Internet connection to the box.

I've tried turning off the box for several minutes and it was off overnight for a number of hours but this has had no effect.

Is there a central problem or is there anything I can do at this end?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer and Prime Video Black screen when launched

Hi Mog0, 

Really sorry to hear you've been having some issues with iPlayer and Prime Video, this isn't good. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you, we've been busier than normal. 

I've had a little look at the back end of things and I'm keen to continue doing some diagnostics, but before I can do this please can you reboot the box for me, leave it off for up to ten minuets and then switch it back on. Please also make sure all cables are tight and secure. 

Let me know when this has been done. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have this too.

0 Kudos
Mog0
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

After I powered down the box and rebooted it, the apps seemed to have sorted themselves out and are now running again.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos