Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: i need a new V6 box

Realistically you have 3 options..

1: Use the text message service (07533 051809) this may take a few days to get a response

2: Wait on here for VM staff to respond, may take upto a week currently

3: Call TV Faults (150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111) otherwise, follow the "I have a fault" options and patiently wait for an agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks,

just a shame there is no order section on Virgin, to get a new box replacement quickly. hate waiting on the phone for up to an hour

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi carldalby,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your V6 box.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it. They won't be able to, but you may manage to getb a replacement or engineer booked by trying this method.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team.  You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi carldalby, thanks for the message and sorry that there is a delayed reply. We are working through messages as soon as we can. Can you confirm if you have managed to get an engineer booked or replacement set top box sent out? Please let us know and we will aim to look in to this further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos