Menu
whmf00001
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

how to remove "blind" setting from Tivo

The programmes are recording the voice-overs on some live or recordings.  e.g. if 2 people are sitting at a table not speaking, just looking at each other,  the voice over describes what they are doing,  ditto if someone is walking along a street - through a market place - the usual background noise is there but the voiceover says " is walking through the market ".  How can I turn this off please.  This is not the sub titles which I am OK with but I presume this feature is for visually inpared folks but am not.Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to remove "blind" setting from Tivo

It’s called “Audio Description” or AD for short.

Go to Home>Settings>Audio>Alternate Audio>Default Audio Languages & select “English”

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

...but remember that many recordings made overnight have AD that can’t be turned off by design. This is to cope with those whose equipment is incapable of AD. The broadcast has AD as transmitted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

whmf00001
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have done that thank you. will have to wait and see if I have done it correctly now. Rang 150 and they are supposed to be calling today but you are so much quicker, thank you x
0 Kudos
whmf00001
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Having looked at past ??? I found similar ones, seems it is quite common and that it can switch intself on. I have done as some suggestions, gone onto info and then if it says AD on, turned it off. I did not know what AD was but the helpdesk did not seem to have much idea either. I just started to watch Tommy from yesterday, it was AD on and was giving audio so I went to info and turned it off, it has now gone. The feature is off in the settings though. Thank you x
0 Kudos