Menu
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hmdi

I have recently experienced  problems with my v6 hmdi connection to my tv. Every time I turn my tv on I am confronted by a blank screen with sound. I have followed the advice given in switching my hmdi connection around but no matter what connection I use I am faced with the same problem.

Rather than take a hammer to my virgin media box is there something I am doing incorrectly.

ps I have also disconnected everything connected to my tv and box but still no immediate joy.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: hmdi

You have tried a different HDMI cable?

Try switching everything off - then on again except for the V6 box which you should switch on once you tv is tuned to that HDMI channel.

@Bryzza wrote:

I have recently experienced  problems with my v6 hmdi connection to my tv. Every time I turn my tv on I am confronted by a blank screen with sound. I have followed the advice given in switching my hmdi connection around but no matter what connection I use I am faced with the same problem.

Rather than take a hammer to my virgin media box is there something I am doing incorrectly.

ps I have also disconnected everything connected to my tv and box but still no immediate joy.

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi do you have a Samsung 4K TV by any chance. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How did you guess? I have had the tv for around 6 months and until just recently had no problem with the hmdi connectors.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Bryzza wrote:
How did you guess? I have had the tv for around 6 months and until just recently had no problem with the hmdi connectors.

How long ago is "just recently"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

5/6 weeks

0 Kudos
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

about 5 or 6 weeks
0 Kudos
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just wondered if you had any update on why Samsung 4K tv's have a problem with VM hmdi connections?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM rolled out a code drop to V6 boxes a few months back which enforces HDCP2.2 when watching VOD in 2160p

It's an observation that Samsung TVs seem so struggle with this, and have random errors, more than other manufacturers.

I make no comment on "why" this might be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks