Menu
mark_a_carpente
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

favourite channels

Why is it that channels randomly dissapear from my favourites ?

Had 2 in the space of about 3 weeks now just dissapear so have had to go back and add them again

The channel numbers have not changed or anything which was what I thought it might have been

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: favourite channels

If changes are made to the channel IDs, such as we recently had with ITV adding new HD regions & SD versions being removed, then the box will no longer recognise the new versions & they have to be set again.

It can also happen if Virgin changes the transport steam on which a channel is carried.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mark_a_carpente
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

doesnt really make sense as the channel numbers do not change

Had it again this week 3 different channels all with the same channel numbers just dissapearing off my favourites

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In terms of clarity - @nodrogd has explained, but is referring to the "background" channel IDs that VM's network uses to carry channels around their network. Not the EPG numbers that you use to select channels on your box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos