Menu
wyre
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

errors on v6

my boxes had a message  come through last night saying there is a problem with my account , and showing error codes m36 on homepage and v210 on demand and catch up pages. i have done all the  usual things like power down and resetting  network still did not put it right and i had both boxes named for rooms they are in  now they both say unknown .l and a lot of selections are greyed out.i phoned the morning . and the lady got me  to go through it all again. still not working .she said to wait for 4 hours . and  it should be right. but myself i would prefer  a enginer  to  call .. when i just tried to sign in on here it said my email address was not a vaild virgin emaill address. could  this be part of same thing    could you tell me what codes mean please, I am just worried   with it saying about my account, as in the past i have been  a victim of id theft.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: errors on v6

Firstly.. the error message which you've quoted as M36.. are you sure you don't mean M63?

Second... I suspect one of your underlying issues is connectivity, i.e. your V6 has a problem connecting your homehub, and therefore doesn't have a working internet connection. That will cause some functions of your box to break.

You can check this very easily... follow (on your V6 remote)... Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Look in the top-right where the box reports its connection status, what does it say?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
wyre
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

it say network  conected  .100%  and look again in it is m63

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi wyre,

Sorry to see you are having problems with both boxes.

/virgin-tv-error-codes/m63  the message says your account is not currently set up correctly and advises you to call VM (again) 😞

error v210 is a network connection problem. However you say that the network is showing as connected 100%.

Have you tried swapping the boxes around?

Go round all the Virgin cables and make sure they are tightly connected/screwed in.

Also click on Check service status at the top of this page. This might show if there are any issues in your area. If it doesn't  show any then please click on Run Test for the TV and see if it brings up anything.

You could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing else changes after following the above then I'm afraid you will need to speak to Faults again.  Ignore any prompts to run tests etc and hold on and an agent should pick the phone up. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That rules out connectivity issues, https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/m63 advises calling in to resolve this.

If you do have multiple boxes in your home, you can also try swapping them round to see if the problem remains.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos