Menu
sophiewhyman2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

continuous welcome message restarting loop

hi,

been without proper tv service since saturday. tv box keeps resetting, says welcome then occasionally a download box symbol appears, otherwise its just stuck on constant loop. fairly frustrating as only recently got this service & its been brilliant!

This is the message on service status:

'Customers unable to manage devices on TVGO affecting IOS, Android and Desk Top users. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.'

Not sure this is the same issue as my box is experiencing????

Help! i dont have time to sit on the phone for hours unfortunately, can this issue be solved through live chat?

Thanks
Sophie
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: continuous welcome message restarting loop

Hi Sophie,

Sorry to see you are having problems with   your V6.

One thing you can try is  a hard reset -  BUT Please note doing this will erase all the V6 data - such as all you recordings and links. 

If it doesn't work then I'm afraid you'll probably have to contact faults for a new box, so everything would be lost anyway.

Turn the V6 off with the switch on the back of the box and disconnect it from the mains for 5 minutes, then plug it in again. 

Now hold the + and standby buttons on the front of the V6 together simultaneously and keeping the buttons pressed in turn the V6 on again with the rocker switch on the back,  and wait till you see the welcome screen appear on the TV - then release the buttons. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@sophiewhyman2 wrote:
Not sure this is the same issue as my box is experiencing????

Nope, that's a totally different issue - unrelated to set-box-boxes entirely.

If you can't somehow "persuade" your box to complete the software update and bootup, then the quickest way to report your failed box will be to call. You can try the text message service (07533 051809) but that's not going to give you an immediate response.

newapollo's suggestion of trying a forced box reset might work if you can boot into the menus, but it doesn't sound like you can reliably get that far? Also once you're booted up, I'd be wanting to let the box settle and not upset it anymore than it already is!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sophiewhyman2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

on hold t minus 16 mins..

trying the forced reset seemingly didn't change anything, still looping starting up/welcome..

0 Kudos
sophiewhyman2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for via chat for virgin to reply. 3 days of being 'on hold' & counting. 

0 Kudos
AntoniJ1975
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was told that this is a different issue and will not effect the V6 box however I am also experiencing the exact same issues and in the same area where the TVGo issue is. I think these are linked in some way, either that or there is a new issue in this area (25 code).

0 Kudos
sophiewhyman2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm area 30..interesting you're experiencing same issue

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm area 30 (Teesside) and have no issues.

You can't go by the area number for problems as they aren't geographical areas.

You can use the Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

The TVGo error is completely unrelated to the box issues in the original post.

The software update and bootup loop is a box fault and the box needs replacing.

You need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get an automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore that, and the other options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. This method is supposed to take 4 hours however it may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@AntoniJ1975 wrote:

I was told that this is a different issue and will not effect the V6 box however I am also experiencing the exact same issues and in the same area where the TVGo issue is. I think these are linked in some way, either that or there is a new issue in this area (25 code).

If one of my neighbour's boxes fails, it's not going to impact my service in any way, shape or form.

Software rollouts happen on a continual basis around VM's network. I can see you've already posted in your own thread here and been advised already.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos