cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect and set up the new TV?

Teekay2
On our wavelength

Hi, We are all set up with and using a V6 box and now want to buy a new TV. How easy is it for me to connect and set up the new TV? I would prefer to do it myself as we are shielding and want to minimise contacts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Easy.

There will be an HDMI lead going from your V6 output to TV input. Unplug it from your existing TV and connect it to an HDMI port on your new TV. Select the relevant HDMI input on your TV remote and off you go.

If the TV is a 4K/UHD one, make sure the port you've chosen is HDCP2.2 compliant otherwise you will encounter problem watching UHD content. HD is unaffected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Easy.

There will be an HDMI lead going from your V6 output to TV input. Unplug it from your existing TV and connect it to an HDMI port on your new TV. Select the relevant HDMI input on your TV remote and off you go.

If the TV is a 4K/UHD one, make sure the port you've chosen is HDCP2.2 compliant otherwise you will encounter problem watching UHD content. HD is unaffected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Teekay2
On our wavelength

Many thanks

You'll need a connection to your hub by Ethernet cable or WiFi and, when you do so, check for any updates.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi there @Teekay2

Thank you so much for your post and thank you to @japitts and @Roger_Gooner for their help and guidance on this. 

The set up should be very easy for you but if you do have any trouble at all then please do reach out and we will guide you.

Thank you again.