Menu
Teekay2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

connect and set up the new TV?

Hi, We are all set up with and using a V6 box and now want to buy a new TV. How easy is it for me to connect and set up the new TV? I would prefer to do it myself as we are shielding and want to minimise contacts.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: connect and set up the new TV?

Easy.

There will be an HDMI lead going from your V6 output to TV input. Unplug it from your existing TV and connect it to an HDMI port on your new TV. Select the relevant HDMI input on your TV remote and off you go.

If the TV is a 4K/UHD one, make sure the port you've chosen is HDCP2.2 compliant otherwise you will encounter problem watching UHD content. HD is unaffected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Teekay2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You'll need a connection to your hub by Ethernet cable or WiFi and, when you do so, check for any updates.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Teekay2

Thank you so much for your post and thank you to @japitts and @Roger_Gooner for their help and guidance on this. 

The set up should be very easy for you but if you do have any trouble at all then please do reach out and we will guide you.

Thank you again. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos