Menu
Wordweasel
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

channels 106 133 broken up

just E4 (106) and 133 are showing very broken up picture and sound

restarting box hasnt helped

i wondered if the channels had been moved but cant find any news about that?

I thought I would try to retune/update the channels but cant find any up to date info on how to do that with v6 box (the instructions are out of date and refer to menu buttons we dont have)

thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: channels 106 133 broken up

No, you cannot retune cable boxes. Everything is automated. If the picture is breaking up then you have signal or noise issues affecting the frequencies these channels are carried on. Check the service status pages via the link above. If this shows no issues  the problem is likely to be local to your installation & you need to ring faults for assistance.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Wordweasel,

Sorry to hear that you have been having TV issues. Have things improved since your post? 

We also do have an online help service here:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fix-an-issue

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Wordweasel
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tried checking the physical connections, all firm, and restarting, no change.

service status is said to be normal for my area

the virgin test system just says something has gone wrong with the test when I try and use it

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wordweasel,

I'd like to take a closer look at this issue for you. I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Wordweasel
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: channels 106 133 broken up SOLVED

The V helpful Tec came and sorted this out. It turns out that it was an issue of the balance of my signal strength from the cabinet in our road to the house. when first installed that had been set in a goldilocks way, not too much or too little. But more people had been added into the cabinet and we might have been moved on the board and the balance lost. Soon as he fiddled with it and took off our signal reducers we got the balance and channels back.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: channels 106 133 broken up SOLVED

Hi Wordweasel,

Thanks for coming back to update the public thread, I'm so pleased to hear that the engineer was able to resolve the issues for you.

If there's anything else you need help with, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us from here. We're always more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos