Menu
Highlighted
david7892003
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

channel pixellating

My Tv has started to pixellate and I am getting a message telling me that channels from Gold up are not available. Done all the self help, rebooted both box and router a few times ran a test which was OK, did a speed check,OK, refreshed the channels which made no difference. Ive checked out all the cables, swapped the HDMI. Still no resolution. I have the virgin App on my phone and raised a query but no one has got back so before I try to escalate can I ask if anyone in the Falkirk/Pomont are of central Scotalnd are having any issues with their TV signal? My wife is devasted that her copy of Love Actually ehich she troed to record last night is unwatchable!!!!

0 Kudos
david7892003
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: channel pixellating

Sorry I meant also to say athat the hard drive seems to be running continuosly, day and night
0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your HDD running continually could well be the power-saving settings not activated.. off-hand (TV in use at the moment so can't check) Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Power Saving. We've had a 2hour timeout since forever, but I suspect if it's not on, then the box will only ever power-down if you turn it to standby.

On the picture issue, you've basically got two choices. Wait on here for a forum staffer to pick your thread up, this may take a few days. Or call into faults (150/0345 4541111), follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", and get them to check it over there & then.

0 Kudos
david7892003
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hey many thanks for your reply. We have timeout set I think for 5 hours. TBH I am trying to avoid 150. I just don't have the energy!!. However, something very strange has just happenned. I was checkin cables once more and I knocked the router, its an ollder 2ac model and it went off! Pickec it up and it went on again. Have checked the power in and its tight and clean. However when I checked the TV Drama Gold Alibi have all reapeeard. Could it be a faulty router causing the issues??

Agian thanks for your reply, get more sense on here. LOL

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your TV channels are delivered via the Coax direct to your V6 box, the router only provides the internet connection for guide updates and VOD.

Your comment about avoiding 150 is fair enough, and I do sympathise. But I guess it depends how much you want your fault sorted!!

0 Kudos
david7892003
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for that. I kind of realised that as soon as I read your post. maybe ive got 2 issues here. Anyway ive got a nice new bit of co ax with brand new F plugs . I'll give it a try in the meantime.

Maybe next week i'll feel like tackling 150. HAHA

Once again I appreciate your kind help, i'm always amazed by you guys knowledge.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos