Menu
mark_a_carpente
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

cancelled series links now stuck in my shows

I have done a bit of housekeeping and cleared out a load of series links for programs that have either totally finished not being made anymore, or that I will no longer be able to watch (thanks a lot money grabbing Disney for pulling Fox channel off air). Most of them no problem however I now have 2 of them appearing in my shows when they were not there before. Makes no difference what I do thumbs down, show recordings only nothing works they are just stuck sitting there. Both of them have only on demand available when you move the red bar over them. I don't understand why this has happened for just 2 of them when I have cancelled more like about 10. Any ideas how I can get these to go away ?

Also noticed that after they got stuck the programs in my shows now all have a folder icon in the list unless there is only one recording whereas before you had a different symbol showing multiple recordings like you get when you have a series in for something in the program guide. Has something been updated ? Is this a coincidence or are the 2 issues related

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: cancelled series links now stuck in my shows

I suspect you're talking about VoD bookmarks, which you should be able to remove in the same way you do a recording. In other words, pressing "clear" whilst the unwanted bookmark is highlighted, or going into it and choosing "delete".

The differential between the number next to the folder in the top-view, and the actual number of recordings inside, could be one of two things in my experience.

1: A mixture of recordings and VoD bookmarks in the folder, that has got out of sync over time.

2: A rogue recording that's got lost in no-man's land between "my shows" and the recycle bin. The clue to this will be finding the recording in the recycle bin, but rather than it having options to "recover" or "permanently delete", it'll have "play now" etc, and work perfectly well. The fix to this is to reboot the box.

I think that covers your question, if not....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mark_a_carpente
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelled series links now stuck in my shows

Pressing clear on them highlighted in the list has got rid of them

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos