Menu
paolo2
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

bt sports 2 problem

Hi 

I have a problem with bt sports 2 .when I change channel to bt sports 2 ,I get the previous channel distorted .I have checked all other channels ,but its just this one .

Anyone else have the same problem 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: bt sports 2 problem

Hi the first thing to do is reboot the box, if others were experiencing this the forum would be flooded with it. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
paolo2
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep I've re booted still same problem. All other channels that may be linked through same frequency, are all OK. So not sure what's happening .I noticed it today ,I recorded football last night and all I got was a distorted channel that I had on at the time .

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This sounds like a classic pixellation query...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, which will need resolving. When you say "all other channels that may be linked, are all ok".. which ones have you checked?

You can check for known area faults on 0800 5610061, but if there's nothing reported and a reboot doesn't solve this, then the problem is likely to either be your box or the cabling that connects your home to the streetcab.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
paolo2
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've checked all sky HD, sky sports ,all bt sports ,all HD channels .I have just gone through all channels and they seem to be OK.So it's just bt sports 2. We upgraded our package 6 weeks ago,but this has only started happening this week. Nothing has changed in the way of set ups since then.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There's nothing different in how BT Sport 2 HD is broadcast compared with any other channel - do you have any issues with Sky News HD, Sky Nature HD or Sky Sports Golf HD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
paolo2
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

no I've checked these channels and all ok

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They're the channels that (currently) share the same TX as BT Sport 2HD, so that appears to rule out a signal issue. There's nothing I can think of that would only cause one channel to have issues when others woud be fine.

You say that you've restarted the box already, so I can only suggest you either call faults, or wait on here for forum staff to respond.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @paolo2,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I have taken a look at your account and can see some of your levels are in red and not as they should be. 

As such, I have booked an engineer out for you to check things over.

You can find details of your appointment via your online account. If this is not suitable feel free to re-schedule for a time that suits.

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos