I have trying to activate a replacement box any help please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: box activation

Hi ppap,

I'm sorry you are having issues. You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

activating a box

Day four no responces from telephone help lines.

need to activate replacement box any help please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: activating a box

@ppap 

I'd suggest following the advice you've been given rather than create multiple posts for the same issue... You need to call in for box activations.

Ideally 0800 9539500 should work for this, it's an automated service and can sometimes avoid the need to queue. Otherwise the standard C/S number 150/0345 4541111.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: activating a box

Hi Ppap, 

thanks for your post and welcome to forums,

I can see your box is now active, has everything been okay since it was activated?

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos