cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black screen no sound

markpost
Joining in

have had no picture but sound since Saturday lunchtime.  I've phoned 150 and it just says there working on the problem.  Any idea when it will be fixed.

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is unlikely to be an area fault, but more info would be useful to help further.

Do you have the TiVo/V6 menu system, or no video output at all? Can you view OnDemand, or is this affecting live broadcast channels?

Have you tried restarting your V6, and do you get the "Welcome" > "Starting up" messages?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi

yes I have all the menus, and I can access YouTube ext through the vrigin media but have no picture but sound when trying to watch live tv or a recorded programe.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens if you try changing channels or using OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

If I change channels I still get no picture but sound.  If I press the red button on bbc it takes me through to the I player with picture and sound.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok... do you get any onscreen popup or error message on live TV? If this is a signal issue you should.

And if it's not a signal issue, then it's either a video output problem (VoD works so it can't be) or a temporary glitch (which a reboot should solve)

hi i get no popup or error message. I've turned off and turned back on again multiple times, once leaving it 10 minutes before turning it back on again.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @markpost 

This is possibly an HDMI problem.

Have you tried removing the HDMI cable from both your TV and the V6 and then reinserting it.

I would also try a different HDMI port on the TV if possible.

Also try a different known working HDMI cable.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

yes done all of that tried a different cable, different hdmi slots on the tv, turned the box off and taken the cables out the turned the box on again and then put the cables back in again. Checked the video format through the virgin media settings and that detected all formats.

Good Morning @markpost, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the picture on Live TV and on Recordings.

I understand that you've since been able to speak to our team on this matter.

Do please feel free to update us when you have some free time.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn