Menu
themayneman
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

black screen immediately after the adverts on itv hub app

I have been trying for a couple of weeks now but keep getting the same problem. I go to "all apps" choose itv hub and find the program I want to watch. ITV hub starts, I see a couple of adverts then 3 moving dots for about a second or two followed by a totally black screen and nothing else!  I have even reset the tivo box back to factory spec (losing everything I had previously recorded) just to see if that would work, but no. Any advice please?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: black screen immediately after the adverts on itv hub app

You've mentioned a TiVo, but it doesn't have the ITV Hub app, only the V6 does. Can you confirm? Check here if you're not sure.

Are you viewing on a 4K UHD TV? Or a Samsung TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
themayneman
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, yes it is the V6 box, my mistake. I have heard that there is a known problem in this area and it's due to be fixed by tomorrow. I'll update here when sorted. The tv is a LG uhd ready model.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Disregard the lack of an error message if this doesn't resolve, and follow the instructions on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

themayneman
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your help and the link to the error code page, I had the HDMI lead plugged into the wrong socket, there is only one supports HDCP 2.2 and I wasn't using it! All sorted now 🙂

0 Kudos