Menu
rocco79278
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

and now my bills gone up

Good day Virgin, can you please get a team member to call me , I was not aware my bill was going up, it was stated it would stay the same if not a little cheaper, after receiving a letter to say my old Samsung box was out of date and I needed to upgrade , that’s what I did, after a long wait on the phone I spoke with you and you arranged to send me an updated box so I could continue using your services on 2 boxes and per usual, I was told it would arrive within a week and I would receive a text to confirm  time on day of delivery, I patiently waited for over 4 weeks and nothing, I phoned again(another long wait on hold) and eventually spoke to a lady who apologised and sent my new box our which promptly  arrived the next day although was left outside under my hedge, I just thanked my luck stars and proceeded to install, there were no leads in the box and no remote control for the new box, I then phoned again and after another long wait on the phone I was connected the gentleman then arranged to send me all the leads, these eventually arrived a week later, I installed the box and all was well, I then noticed the new box was working fine but my 2nd box was only showing 4 or 5 channels and no pause movies or recording facility, and an annoying message on the screen to tell me to call you, I then did the wait on the phone sketch again and eventually got through and after exchanging security details again was put on to another person after another  long wait on hold(luckily the hold music was a surprisingly good playlist) after resetting and still no full service the gentleman promised to ring me back the next day to see if it had been sorted overnight,,,, I never received a phone call ,he took my number twice and confirmed it to me and said the computer would automatically remind him to call me. I called back again and after the longest wait ever and being transferred to another chap who was very courteous and apologetic and after many attempts he finally managed to sort out the issue, he was a credit to Virgin the way he handled the situation, he explained that he was working from home and if he had been in the office it would have been done quicker , which I fully understand and appreciate

So after approx. 5 weeks with only one box working and all the hassle , lost recordings and to be honest an awful waste of my time and I am now told my bill is going up,

I am the most patient man in England and I was never rude threatening or abusive to your staff as although annoyed and angry its not the individual on the phone , it the whole system to blame

So can somebody please call me to explain and sort this issue out please, I have been a customer for at least 15 years and I wish to continue but I cannot see why I have to pay more

I await your call

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: and now my bills gone up

It looks to me as if your second box also needed to be replaced with a TiVo, and both the replacement boxes are free. You were always going to lose recordings as there is no way to transfer recordings to another box, but you had to have the TiVos as the old boxes have finally been decommissioned.

If your bill is going up it should be for another reason. I'd wait until you see the bill.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rocco79278,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. I'm sorry to hear that you have this experience regarding your box swap. Unfortunately we are unable to set up call backs here at the forums. Did you receive notification that your monthly bill was increasing? There are two reasons why the monthly charge might increase, the first one being that it may be annual price increases. The second may be that whatever promotional discount you were receiving has expired as you may be nearing the end of your contract, if so then you can speak to the Care or Resolutions Teams who can have a conversation with you about which offers are available and to your liking. 

I'm glad to hear that the issues were resolved, but again apologise that it took 5 weeks. @Roger_Gooner is correct that unfortunately the records would not have been transferable

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
rocco79278
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks Corey, Virgin certainly don't make it easy for you to contact them ,,,, they always take my £98 a month with out any issues,,,is their not a direct email address i can send this to as i don't have time to keep calling and with this catalog of events i am fast losing patience 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rocco79278,

I'm afraid there isn't a customer facing email address for Virgin.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a short description of your problem  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

If calling select the thinking of leaving us option. They are here to help and don't want to lose your custom. They will look into your billing details, and also at package pricing, hopefully to bring the cost down to a level you are happy with.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for your reply, rocco79278.

No there isn't an email address. If you have not received a reason for the change in monthly, then waiting for the bill will be the best course of action I've had a look for you to see if it was a promotional ending but this didn't seem to be the case. The only indication is the equipment change where there will be a prorated amount from the date of the box swap. but there is no way to confirm this until the bill is produced.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
rocco79278
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ok and thanks, i will wait until the paper bill arrives

thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C