Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

after last nights thunder and lightning - V6 box not working

So after last nights crazy storms, my box is just making a constant clicking noise this morning and will not properly turn on - I have tried all the reboot options etc etc. From looking online it appears this is a new box required as the hard drive is faulty - Can someone please arrange for a technician to replace for me please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: after last nights thunder and lightning - V6 box not working

you'll have to ring in I'm afraid. the mods on here may never see your post. 

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As parrotperson has pointed out, this is mainly a user-user forum with VM staff wading in a few days later on the whole.

If you have a service fault, you really are best off calling in - 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 4541111 (landline rates) from any other phone. It may be frustrating, but it'll be quicker.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thats the problem , they are so useless

after trying every 15 mins literally all day long I finally got through to Indioa. After lots of faffing about she finally agreed to book me an engineer visit as my V6 box had blown up (unfixable from a local lightning storm strike) So I took the day off work (today) to wait for engineer and now last night Ive recd a text saying Virgin have restored the signal to the area and issues are solved and they've cancelled my engineer visit (MY BOX IS STILL BROKEN!!!) they are an absolute disgrace so now I have to start the whole stupid lengthy process again and probably get a new appt for next week (which they may or may not cancel at the last minute for no reason) 

Highlighted
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thedagger,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page. 

Very sorry to hear you have had trouble with your box since the storm on Tuesday. It sounds like after your tech appointment was booked, we identified a wider area issue and as this was the case, the tech appointments in the area were cancelled as the area issue was fixed. I appreciate the issue you are facing is with your specific box so apologies that our usual procedure has caused you further trouble.

Have you arranged for a tech appointment since your post on Friday? If you haven't, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos