Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Zee TV no subtitles after HD service removed

Hello is virgin media aware there are subtitles on Zee TV SD version ?

Virgin closed ZeeTV HD version today on 1st June, but replaced it with the Standard version but it appears the engineers forgot to put back on subtitles, so unable to watch Zee TV correctly.

The other Asian channels do however have subtitles working fine.

Can this information be passed on to Virgin Support or Engineers please, thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Zee TV no subtitles after HD service removed

Zee TV HD was announced as being removed from all platforms this weekend - it is still on Sky with subtitles but is due to be removed.

Zee TV is SD is still on Sky and Zee TV do not provided subtitles on that version at all.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is absolute terrible news, ZeeTV HD is the most popular Asian channel in UK yet somehow Zee are closing the HD with subtitles down now. 

That is like closing down BBC 1 HD to SD in the UK and disabling subtitles on BBC 1 !

guess the entire disabled Asian community in UK will be unable to understand there favorite channel.

Worse yet no one has complained or even mentioned it !

Found one article here but it took a lot of digging:

https://www.bizasialive.com/zing-tv-living-foodz-zee-tv-hd-shutdown-in-uk/

Appears Zee are moving to a streaming platform here:

https://www.zee5.com/

£5 per month sub, but it should contain ZeeTV HD and it did mention in FAQ that maybe UK language is supported but its not clear if its on all tv series or films.

Appears am the only indian in UK to notice this problem, so will try and complain to ZeeTV UK. 

Can virgin media engineers add the Zee5 app to the V6 box ?  Otherwise id imagine every Indian in the UK will be taking up arms against Virgin media 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Topbloke wrote:

This is absolute terrible news, ZeeTV HD is the most popular Asian channel in UK yet somehow Zee are closing the HD with subtitles down now. 

That is like closing down BBC 1 HD to SD in the UK and disabling subtitles on BBC 1 !

guess the entire disabled Asian community in UK will be unable to understand there favorite channel.

Worse yet no one has complained or even mentioned it !

Found one article here but it took a lot of digging:

https://www.bizasialive.com/zing-tv-living-foodz-zee-tv-hd-shutdown-in-uk/

Appears Zee are moving to a streaming platform here:

https://www.zee5.com/

£5 per month sub, but it should contain ZeeTV HD and it did mention in FAQ that maybe UK language is supported but its not clear if its on all tv series or films.

Appears am the only indian in UK to notice this problem, so will try and complain to ZeeTV UK. 

Can virgin media engineers add the Zee5 app to the V6 box ?  Otherwise id imagine every Indian in the UK will be taking up arms against Virgin media 🙂

Zee would have to off the idea up to Virgin and then write the app

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I will make a complaint to Zee Entertainment and ask but highly doubtful on the app, really poor service from them after so many decades of good service.

Its like taking away BBC1 HD from entire UK population....if your Indian !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

unfortunately, i think your complaint will not amount to anything. a lot of channels are struggling. several last year went online only. some have since disappeared. when you have the likes of bbc,itv,channel 4 and channel 5 all considering joining forces to provide a streaming service it shows how bad things are.

there are too many channels for the uk public who have found ever increasing alternatives in life be it other services or interests.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Zee TV HD has now gone from Sky EPG - so both platfotms are left with the SD non-subtitle version.

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK - so there are not any burnt-in subtitles - but there are subtitles available.

While on Zee TV -  press  the 'info' button  ->  go down one step to the speech bubble icon ->  press 'select' to turn on subtitles -> select 'English' or 'French'

That is working here with teletext type subtitles.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Legend, thanks very much.

Oddly today some subtitles did appear on tv serials so its possible ZeeTV or virgin somehow switched on something, I do recall subtitles use to work on the old Zee tv SD channel but sometimes it was hit and miss or buggy.

I think ill give the zee stream service a bash with its 30 day free trial, it does feel everything is going to stream world.

0 Kudos