cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube not loading

sunman04
Tuning in

Hi, recently the youtube channel has disappeared, when going into apps, youtube is there,  but never loads. How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning @

sunman04

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've been having some issues with viewing YouTube via your set top box recently. As our VIP @japitts has advised, the YouTube channel was removed a while ago now to free up channel listing spaces. 

There should be no reason as to why it won't load  up via the apps section though. I have located your account from your forum information and can see that you have 2 boxes - are you having issues viewing YouTube on both of them? 

We can see that one box was last rebooted around a week ago, the other was rebooted around 72 hours ago. We can see that your hub has not been rebooted for 44 days. Please do reboot your Hub at your earliest convivence and see how you get on.

Keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The channel that listed YouTube has been removed to free up space for linear channels.

The app should still load from the menu - what happens when you try? Have you tried restarting your box?

Do other internet based functions, such as OnDemand, work ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, yes all other internet based services work. On Deman, Netlfix, Prime etc. 

When you click on the Youtube symbol, the circle that depicts loading is just spinning and spinning, nothin actually loads. I have re-set the box, still the same issue. 

thanks in advance 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning @

sunman04

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've been having some issues with viewing YouTube via your set top box recently. As our VIP @japitts has advised, the YouTube channel was removed a while ago now to free up channel listing spaces. 

There should be no reason as to why it won't load  up via the apps section though. I have located your account from your forum information and can see that you have 2 boxes - are you having issues viewing YouTube on both of them? 

We can see that one box was last rebooted around a week ago, the other was rebooted around 72 hours ago. We can see that your hub has not been rebooted for 44 days. Please do reboot your Hub at your earliest convivence and see how you get on.

Keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie,

Issue was just on the one box, having re-set the hub, all seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your help appreciate it. 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's great to hear thanks so much for letting us know!

If you do have ay further issues please do let us know and we are more than happy to help 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

44 Days uptime and you've had to re-boot your router? Yikes...this is why i use it in Modem mode! Record uptime for my own equipment has been 404 days without errors on my Pi-Hole DNS device, 386 days for my enterprise Gigabit network switch (Layer 3 managed) and 275 days for my WiFi AP (a third party Router in AP mode) and really only rebooted them as a matter of course. That's a bit worrying! Is your router getting hit by strong sunlight or enclosed in any way, or up high? Often the main reason mine goes down and reboots every so often is a firmware update!

Out of interest, do you have a V2, 3 or 4 router?

Glad the re-boot solved your issues though!

Kind regards,

Lee