Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Youtube app skipping

Hi,

Wondered if anyone is having these issues as well. When using the Youtube app on my V6 box, within a few seconds of starting a video the sound starts to become slightly disjointed. Every 10-15 seconds the video freezes momentarily and when it continues playing the sound is further and further from the video that it should be.

Tried running a test through My Virgin Media and it says all is fine. Never had this problem before and don't have a problem streaming anything else at all....? Any fixes?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube app skipping

Is it lots of videos or just a few?

I've not seen this problem on Youtube but have on Netflix.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Some of these problems can be network related. If you haven't done so, connect the V6 to the hub by Ethernet cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be all videos - may be lucky to get the first one not doing it but the problem soon comes back.

All already connected by Ethernet cable and still seems to happen unfortunately. Only recently started happening and haven't had a problem with it since we've had the box which must be almost a couple of years now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi invictor23,

I'm sorry that you've been having issues using YouTube via your V6. Thank you for your post, we can certainly look to resolve this for you.

First of all, could you please head to Home Help and SettingsSettings Video Output and let me know what number is displayed?

Secondly, could you select Home > Help & Settings > Help > Our Other Products > Broadband Take a speed test and let me know what message is shown?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue here,

Some YouTube videos on my 2 V6 boxes, via the YouTube app now have intermittent sound stuttering which makes viewing impossible, which effects many of my favourite YT channels. This started yesterday after my V6 boxes updated to new software version 20.9.1.

The same YT videos playback fine on other devices, so it is clearly a fault with the V6 boxes and the new software update only.

I've tried all the video output settings, and now back to 1080p but to no avail. V6 box connected by ethernet and my other WiFi devices showing 110mbps.

Any solutions please VM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fox35,

I'm sorry that you're also having issue with YouTube, thank you for reaching out and confirming what troubleshooting you've already tried.

I'd like you to try manually connecting to the network by following these steps: press Home on your remote > select Help & Settings > select Settings > select Network > select Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

Could you also check all your cables to and from your hub and both TV boxes? Just to rule out any loose connections as part of the problem.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rachael, just tried the above but no difference. Still intermittent stuttering.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for checking what Rachael recommended.

Are you able to confirm whether it is all resolutions that are stuttering or does the stuttering only occur on certain resolutions?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks,
Yes I have tried them all 1080p,1080 with pass through, 720p etc, but still no difference, also several full box and modem reboots. I am sure it is only effecting vids with 60hz playback, which again played back fine before the update.
0 Kudos