Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Youtube Kids

Unlike a lot of people I welcomed the site of youtube kids - Is there plans to have this added to the Apps list as this would be a much better solution for children watching Youtube - Also I believe they don't have adverts which is good as often unsuitable ads come up on Youtube etc even with restricted settings.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube Kids

Hi there @V81

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post. 

As yet, YouTube have no plans to add this feature as a standalone app on our boxes. I am sorry

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is back on V6 boxes.

@V81 wrote:

Unlike a lot of people I welcomed the site of youtube kids - Is there plans to have this added to the Apps list as this would be a much better solution for children watching Youtube - Also I believe they don't have adverts which is good as often unsuitable ads come up on Youtube etc even with restricted settings.

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

New V6 App YouTube-Kids 

You Tube Kids is now a separate app on the V6 box.

The loading screen asks for dob, then the next screen asks if you've set up YT Kids before, if so you can sign straight in nwith a parents account.

Otherwise you have to create a profile on youtubekids.com or the mobile app.

You can also continue without signing in and are asked to choose a profile, either preschool (ages 4 and under), younger(ages 5-7) or older (ages 8-12)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone it's great to see the app on the box the best thing is no more adverts as these were not always suitable for kids 

0 Kudos