Menu
apostolost666
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

YouTube app is not working on Virgin TV box

Hi there,

we have noticed that the YouTube app is not loading properly on Virgin TV. It constantly displays a loading circle . The service status is fine , the rest of the apps are fine and the same issue occurs if we access YouTube from the channel list. Could someone please provide a solution for that ? This is being going on for more than 4 weeks now. Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: YouTube app is not working on Virgin TV box

Hi apostolost666, 

Is it a 4K TV?  If so follow the advice for /virgin-tv-error-codes/603 as it may be due to the HDMI cable.

When changing ports/cable reboot your V6 and TV for the changes to take effect. Also follow the advice regarding the V6 video settings.

This page explains about compatibility virgin-tv-watching-4k-ultra-hd-content 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
apostolost666
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

many thanks for your reply. No it is not a 4K telly. It’s an oldish Samsung not smart TV connected with a HDMI cable to the box. It has been working fine , however the the YouTube app stopped responding in the last 4 weeks.

Are there any service error codes relevant to our case?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again apostolost666,

If the other apps and catch up are working you could changing your video settings.

Using the V6 remote control Select Home >  Help and Settings > Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format > make sure the 1080p box is ticked, then press >  Continue and press Thumbs Up 3 times to save the new settings

There may be local issues, but I would expect that to affect all catch up/on demand and apps.  

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos