Menu
Marklethbridge1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You pixilation

Hi have brought a new television but have found where freeview digital channels including catch up are great, the moment you try to watch similar through my v6 box or any shows in the evening  the picture quality  through Virgin v6 box isn’t as clear and on occasion it actually pixilates. I thought v6 box was supposed to be better quality considering the cost of the monthly package through virgin. Can any one tell me how I can  improve the picture quality Or prevent pixilation . Tried contacting customer services with no success . Is a replacement box the answer ? I’ve tried getting new hdmi cables and switching everything on/off but still have pixilated problems . Please help !

0 Kudos
WitchDrAsh
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: You pixilation

The V6 box takes its Freeview channels from your antenna, so is you TV taking it from the same source?

For example as we don't have an antenna, just a coil of cable sat in the loft, the V6 box has a terrible Freeview picture, however the TV has an excellent Freeview picture because it's streaming them over the internet.
0 Kudos
Marklethbridge1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have antenna from an aerial for my free tv channels and virgin v6 comes from cable from underground that virgin provide and set up hence cable television. So the pixilation only happens when watching channels through my virgin v6 box. The picture is less clear than the free to view cable channels from my aerial 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marklethbridge1,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post. 

Was your box okay with your other tv or just since your new tv? Have you tried using a different HDMI?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
GordyH
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same experience. I have a brand new L&G OLED tv and a V6 box. The picture is far superior using the antenna. When I switch input to the V6 box on the same HD BBC 1 channel, the picture and sound is worse through the box. I’m also baffled. 

Are there any settings on the V6 box that can improve the picture? If not, then I will disconnect the box and never use it.

0 Kudos