Menu
Realnannysheila
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You Tube not working for two months

I last tried to connect to YouTube a couple of months ago and failed.  Forgot about it.

Just tried again in the last two days and nothing but wheel in centre of screen going round.

Have followed instructions on this board to re-connect.  Made no difference.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: You Tube not working for two months

How is the V6 connected to your Hub - ethernet or wifi? Does other internet content also "buffer" - other Apps, catch up, iPlayer etc?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Realnannysheila
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I don't understand the questions so can't answer you.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John oh my goodness why did that person bother to ask for help, wondering if they can use a phone as that is their best bet.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Realnannysheila,

Sorry to see you are having problems with playing Youtube.

You are posting in the V6 forum, so am going to assume that you have a V6 TV box from Virgin and are trying to play Youtube videos on there.

When the V6 was set up Virgin supplied a long white cable which is  yellow on each end.  This is the ethernet cable (that john mentioned) which can be plugged into the back of the V6 box.

It gives a better signal for the broadband, which the V6 needs to play videos from the Youtube app, and also videos from other apps.

If you have that long white cable with the yellow end plugged into the back of the V6 and into your hub (router) then you should be getting the strongest broadband connection to your V6 (TV box)

If you don't have that cable connected to the router then you have a wifi connection between the V6 and the hub. This is a weaker signal and can affect Youtube videos and prevent the app loading or playing.

So if it's possible can you connect that white cable with the yellow ends to the V6 and router please, and see if Youtube works now?

If you already had it connected like that, then it means you might have a faulty box.  have you tried playing any other videos in the Apps section? If so do they work?

Hope this post doesn't confuse you more, but if you can check for us and please reply then we can help furhter

Thanks 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Realnannysheila
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your very helpful answer explaining things in layman's terms.  I have the white cable with the two yellow ends plugged into each box.  Does this mean I have a faulty box ?

I haven't tried to play any other videos.

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try rebooting both your SuperHub and your V6.  Simply turn them both off at the mains switch, then back on again.  Then wait 10 minutes before trying YouTube again.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Realnannysheila,

If you have tried rebooting as suggested by NPP and it didn't work then please try the following to make sure that the internet is connecting properly to your TV box as it often helps cure You Yube problems.

Using your TV box remote:

1. Select the home button
  2. Use the directional buttons to select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now 
Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Realnannysheila
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  I followed the last piece of advice, and switched off and on at the mains which solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Realnannysheila
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It worked. Thank you.