Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

You Tube Poor Quality/Loading Issue On V6

Hi, I use the You Tube app on my V6 box but it's always quite poor quality and keeps intermittently switching between playing a video and trying to load it. It's as though the internet connection is poor for the V6 box but the V6 is connected to one of the Virgin WiFi boosters via ethernet cable as my router is in another room (which the other booster is connected to also by ethernet cable). Would I be better off just using wifi on my V6 box? I got the boosters as the wifi isn't great in the lounge, what with the router being in a bedroom at the other end of the house.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: You Tube Poor Quality/Loading Issue On V6

Can you watch OnDemand programmes ok, on the same box? All these functions use the same internet connection.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the connection status and/or signal strength will be reported in the top-right. What does it say?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: You Tube Poor Quality/Loading Issue On V6

Yes other On Demand programmes work fine, it just seems to be YouTube. When I look at the network status it just shows my IP address and MAC ID, it doesn't show the signal strength as I am using an ethernet cable and I think it only shows that when using wifi.

0 Kudos