Menu
TDV
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You Tube Channel

Hi On the You Tube Channel on my Virgin Tv / TiVo box I cannot play purchased Videos from You Tube The pictures are distorted on my TV screen 

The problem is not You Tube as the videos play perfectly on my iPhone and also on my TV connected using the Apple Cable connection from my IPhone to the Hdmi connection on the TV 

please help 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: You Tube Channel

Purchased Youtube assets can not be played on the V6. Seems to be the same across most tv set-top-boxes.

Youtuve provide the apps - not VirginMedia.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
TDV
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You Tube Channel on Virgin

Good day Please help

Using the You Tube Channel on Virgin TV V6 I cannot play purchased programs on the You Tube channel The picture is totally distorted 

The problem is not on You Tube as I can play purchased programs on my IPhone using the You Tube App and from my iPhone connected to my TV via the Apple Hdmi Cable 

please help 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: You Tube Channel on Virgin

@TDV wrote:

Good day Please help

Using the You Tube Channel on Virgin TV V6 I cannot play purchased programs on the You Tube channel The picture is totally distorted 

The problem is not on You Tube as I can play purchased programs on my IPhone using the You Tube App and from my iPhone connected to my TV via the Apple Hdmi Cable 

please help 

You have already been given the answer to this in post 2 above. Purchased programmes cannot be played on the apps that are provided on TV boxes, only the ones on mobiles or tablets.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks