Menu
Dimpy_reborn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yet another pixelation issue

Constantly have pixelation issue on mainly HD channels, have been suffering this issue intermittently for months. Have followed all the suggestions in the forums/help/FAQs to no avail. Several resets and a full system erase/reset have done nothing to improve the situation. Now SD versions of the channels have been removed we now are paying for services that cannot be supplied. 

Need this sorted ASAP or you will lose another 20+ year customer to competitors.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yet another pixelation issue

What did VM say when you phoned and reported it?

newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dimpy_reborn,

Sorry to see you are having issues with pixellation.

This sounds like it may be a signal issue rather than a box fault.

Please can you list around 6 to 8 of the channels you are having problems on so we can check.

Also do you have any issues with your broadband?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Dimpy_reborn 

You say that you've followed all suggestions in FAQs etc so far, that advice would have included - "call VM and report your fault", so as per @Cueball99 unless you've done this, you have to presume that Virgin simply don't know you have a problem.

Pixellation is nearly always the direct result of signal problems, which can often be either your box being faulty or your cabling having a problem somewhere. Both of those components are unique to you - and therefore unless you report it, VM won't know and therefore can't fix.

If you can identify particular channels that are affected as per @newapollo post, then this might point at particular groups (channels are broadcast in "sets") that might be on the same broadcast frequency. It won't alter the outcome that you need - i.e. Virgin to physically intervene - but it might help ID whether it's your box, your cabling or somewhere else.

I cannot emphasise strongly enough, if it's been going on for months as you describe, then the chances are that it's only affecting you - and unless you've reported it to Virgin, then I'm not surprised it's not been fixed. If you have reported it, and VM have failed to deal with it. that is another argument entirely.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dimpy_reborn
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What a complete waste of time! 30 mins on phone to the call centre asking me to check/reset things I've already done. So they send an "engineer" out to check, he finds nothing wrong and says TV must be at fault. I come home to find HD channels looking terrible, this is because he has changed settings to 1080P for a 4k TV. I've stuck with VM for the high internet speeds offered, but I think it's time for s change.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not trying to excuse the lack of a fix here, but were you present when the engineer visited? If you were, did you query their attempted fix at all? Were the symptoms (i.e. picture breaking up) apparent when they were present?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos