Menu
Gary24
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yamaha ysp2200

Hi all.

i have acquired a Yamaha ysp 2200. I’ve connected the HDMI out (arc) on the soundbar to the arc hdmi on my tv. Connected Xbox to soundbar with hdmi cable and it works as it should. The v6 however refuses to connect through hdmi. I have to use an optical cable. My question is. Is there a workaround so I can get the hdmi connection to work? The Yamaha when connected to the game console has a blue light indicating it’s got surround sound. When the V6 is in use there is no blue light and the sound although good is not as full and immersive as the console. Thanks in advance👍

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Yamaha ysp2200

Hi Gary, 

thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂

I am sorry to hear this, we do not support 3rd party devices so there is no guarantee it will work, are you able to connect it directly to the tv?

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you connecting the V6 directly to the Yamaha's HDMI 2? If so, I'd try something different. Connect the V6 to one of the TV's non-ARC HDMI inputs with the HDMI ARC ports of the Yamaha and TV connected. Even though the TV is not directly connected to the Yamaha you should get audio passed through to the Yamaha.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Gary24
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies Zoie & Roger. At the moment sound from my V6 is connected directly to the soundbar via an optic cable. I will try Rogers suggestion at the weekend. I really appreciate the help guys. Thanks.👍🏻

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please do keep us and the Community posted @Gary24

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos