forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
T-Phoenix
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

YOUTUBE NOT WORKING AGAIN

Hi.

My YouTube hasn't been working for a few days and I've checked all the connections, tested the equipment and gone through the network settings. Nothing has worked!

All we get is the constant circle going round and round. 

Can anyone help please ?

Thank you ❤

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
T-Phoenix
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube not Working

Hi I'm still having this problem, tried all the steps, everything looks fine. Please can you help ? 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: YOUTUBE NOT WORKING AGAIN

Which TV box do you have? You've not said... check here if you're not sure

Can you use other streaming or OnDemand services ok? That will help to ID if the internet connection is working or could be the problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

T-Phoenix
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: YOUTUBE NOT WORKING AGAIN

Hi. It's a V6 box. And yes I can everything else fine, if somewhat slow. 

0 Kudos
T-Phoenix
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

YOUTUBE STILL NOT WORKING !!!

I'm so sick of issues with Virgin. If this isn't solved I'm leaving. I've so had enough. It's bad enough that my speed is always that of a snail. 

My YouTube does not load. All I get is the loading circle forever!! I have a fairly new V6 box. All other apps & streaming services etc work Fine. Ive checked all connections, Fine. I've gone through the online equipment tests, Fine. I've checked the network service tests, Fine. 

NOW WHAT ????? 

I'm so sick of one person asking me if I've done some test, then my question gets listed as Answered and Satisfied. I'm far from satisfied. 

0 Kudos
Oyster
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: YOUTUBE STILL NOT WORKING !!!

Let me tell you something
I am not employed by Virgin Media. I'm just a user, and problems really get to me too,
but here is how I learnt to respect Virgin Media technicians.
there is no problem so great in technology that it cannot be solved.
I have worked in the computer industry for many decades, since I was a 17 year old kid
in 1977. My expertise is in computer systems, networks, and problem solving.
I have NEVER known a single solitary VM employee to be unknowledgeable and I would know
if they were. Seriously, all you have to do to get your problems solved is
remain calm, explain the situation in logical order, to the people you deal with,
and with some details about what you have tried and
what the faults appear to be. When the engineer turns up, explain the history of the problems
tell them that you are getting frustrated with the problems, but do this calmly and nicely.
I have only ever found VM employees that are willing to go the extra mile, if you just remain
calm and help them understand the big picture, as well as the details.
I have been with VM since when they were NTL. I love VM cable broadband and its engineers
Even when the system is down I know they will make it work. They are good at what they do
if you are good at explaining the problem

T-Phoenix
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: YOUTUBE STILL NOT WORKING !!!

Now let me tell you something. 

With everything else in life, I'm a calm, considerate, caring person, but when there is no way whatsoever to get in touch with a company, they have genuinely  ripped me off several times, over the last 5 years, you've had non stop problems with their service and they never explain anything properly, you get to a point where they deserve as much respect as they have shown you. 

And I'd thank you to keep your unhelpful, waste of my time pointless and condescending comments to yourself.

Let me tell you something else. Last year they charged me wrong on my bill. There was no way to get in touch except the chat service. And this is how it went daily. 

A VM agent would say how can I help you and please give me your account details etc. I would then give my account details and explain the overcharge. I would hear nothing back all day. The following morning they would reply to the previous days message with Hello. I am ..... please confirm your acc number etc and how can I help you. I would then reply with the same thing as previous day. Then norhing again. This went on for over 3 months. I screenshotted every single day to prove the ludicrous ness of this ongoing conversation. Eventually I gave up. I had mo choice but to pay the over charge or I would be cut off.if they leave you with no other way of communication, as a consumer, you have no choice but to suck it up. 

I now give VM as much respect as they have always given me. 

So Why don't you mind your own business when you have zero background information of the situation and go curtain twitch and lecture elsewhere. 

0 Kudos