cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong times for recordings

Jimmy_G
Tuning in

I am very new to Virgin so hoping someone can help. 
I have set some series links up for recording but the some of the shows are showing in planned recordings for the wrong time. 
When I look on the guide the record icon is there for the time the show is on but in the planned it is a completely different time. 
I am not sure if this means it won’t record the right thing or really what is going on. 
Does anyone know why it is showing this?

4 REPLIES 4

Jimmy_G
Tuning in

Ok, so looks like it was set to record all from the series onwards. When I changed it to this episode onwards it shows the right time. 

the question though now is, how do you change the default for recordings as I don’t think it’s very good to have to go and change this recording option every time. If I wanted to record older episodes I’d do that myself - I don’t want the box to automatically start recording any episodes it feels like

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jimmy_G wrote:

I am very new to Virgin

You've posted in the V6 forum, but new customers don't get V6 boxes - they get TV360 which is very different software.

V6 has the TiVo logo next to the video preview in the top-right, TV360 doesn't - and some of your description sounds like 360 to me.

There's photos in the link below - can you check? Post a picture of your TV Guide showing the symbols, if it would also help.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

As japitts has said you have a 360 box with those options, there is no default setting for series links the only default settings for recordings are extra time before and after. When setting a series link using the advanced options I use the 'new only' option to make sure I don't get anything recorded again that I have deleted.

Hi Jimmy_G,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get more info on your recordings on your 360 box. 

I can see @japitts & @roy247 have already given you some great advice on this subject, if you need any further help please let us know!

Thanks for your help guys 🤗

Megan_L