Menu
JJones49
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Wrong channel/no TV guide

A couple of questions,

1. On channel 114 (ITV1+1) now I'm in Wales but when I select this channel the local news is for the Central area!

2. For channel 425 Great Movies previously Sony Movies last few days there are no movies displayed it just says Great Movies with the times any reason why this is happening.

JJones49

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong channel/no TV guide

@JJones49 wrote:

A couple of questions,

1. On channel 114 (ITV1+1) now I'm in Wales but when I select this channel the local news is for the Central area!

ITV have rationalised the +1 loops down to just 4 regions now, in order to allow all regions to move to HD operation. As a result ITV1+1 Wales no longer exists.

2. For channel 425 Great Movies previously Sony Movies last few days there are no movies displayed it just says Great Movies with the times any reason why this is happening.

This was only a channel rebrand, so the schedule should stay the same. Not seeing any info on my boxes so this is yet another EPG problem that needs sorting.

JJones49

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JJones49
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks the ITV1+1 is not a major issue it's only if I miss the local news but Great Movies can't see what to record if anything but as you say yet another EPG when will they sort this out as there are a number building up.

JJones49

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@JJones49 wrote:

Thanks the ITV1+1 is not a major issue it's only if I miss the local news but Great Movies can't see what to record if anything but as you say yet another EPG when will they sort this out as there are a number building up.

Such as? Do you have any other specific examples?

The only one I can see mentioned in this post is Great Movies, which has been reported.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Channel 425 great movies

This is no longer a  listing of the films schedule, just says "Great movies (special) all day, so difficult to record a film unles you check a tv magazine listing for that day or look at freeview channel 33 which is the same and still called sony movies, but If I click on 425 channel is gives the correct times but no film details and can only record a 4 hour period- this is stupid.

I have missed all the films for the last few days which I often record as others do reading the posts, but suppose they can still be watched live.

I pay a lot for my services and expect to be able to record all tv channels in my  package.

Perhaps I need a Freeview recorder and ditch the V6? , but I do not think the price changes much if tv is removed so really am paying for my freeview channel 425 that no longer functions, why?, is it following the rebrand of the sony channels 424,425,426. Note 424 and 426  work normally showing programme details.

Hope this is fixed soon.

alf28

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@ALF28 wrote:

I pay a lot for my services and expect to be able to record all tv channels in my  package.

And no-one's stopping you from recording any channel, unless I'm missing something here.

I appreciate it's not the EPG that we'd all like (and should have), but you can check the channel's schedule at https://www.greatmovies.co.uk/schedule and the V6 allows you to set manual recordings anytime - which is especially useful for any occasion the EPG is wrong or has issues.

Follow Home > My Shows & Recordings > Set Manual recording.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I realise this is posted in the V6 forum, however the EPG on the 360 is the same for channel 425 Great Movies.

I've emailed tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk  because unlike the V6, the 360 doesn't have the function to record by setting a time except in 4 hour blocks.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

CHANNEL 425 NO EPG (electronic programme guide)

Thanks for advising on the manual method of recording on the V6, not done that before (just tried it), reminds me of the old days using  a sharp VHS pre digital recorder I still use  via Scart lead. It is a manual method requiring a TV guide such as radio times  so not easy to be in control of the recordings.

Looked at the link for great movies, and it was poor, no menu system and could not get past the cookie's selection would not accept so could not enter the page?

This is not as convenient as using the EPG recording and takes more time and effort, I can not understand why no EPG? For channel 425.

I would be tempted to record 4-hour chunks, but would soon fill up the v6 disc.

Are there any plans to bring back the EPG for this channel, removing it is a backward step and I see no reason for this to be the only channel on the virgin TV with no EPG???  (any explanation for this) Any changes should benefit the customer, not hinder the customer, surely.

I have often considered buying a free view recorder (in the future perhaps), as most of my shows are on free view now as they have increased the choice even sky arts, Sony movies, quest,e4,film4.really, blaze, Sony movies, Sony channel, Sony movies action, Sony movies classic, 5 star, paramount,4 music,more4, Dave, horror channel and may others which also form part of the virgin TV, there would be a few virgin channels I would miss though such as Fox, sci-fi, and music channels for example.

alf28

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@ALF28 wrote:

This is not as convenient as using the EPG recording and takes more time and effort, I can not understand why no EPG? For channel 425.

You're right - it's not as convenient, it's not meant to be. It's a facility that the TiVo software offers, that covers any occasion when you don't want to record from the EPG. Such an occasion is rare, but this is one. The lack of EPG is clearly a fault, I very much doubt it's an intentional change and there's no need to worry in that regard.

@ALF28 wrote:

I would be tempted to record 4-hour chunks, but would soon fill up the v6 disc.

No-one's suggesting you should. Virgin TV boxes now run on one of two different software platforms - either TiVo (if you have a V6 or TiVo box) or Horizon (if you have a 360 box)

The TiVo software has this manual recording facility, the 360 doesn't AFAIK - and only allows you to record in the 4hour blocks that the EPG offers. newapollo was pointing out that this manual recording workaround doesn't work on 360 boxes, and that this fault needs rectification.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Great! Movies channel 425 now has the EPG populated on the 360 box, so it should also be updated on the TIVO/V6..

However it's populated with the information from channel 426 Great! Movies Action.

I've therefore emailed  tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks