Menu
thling2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Will Virgin media TV box support 100Hz TV?

Hello! This might be a silly question... I am looking at buying a new TV and have read that the refresh rate is very important - 50Hz or 100Hz (twice the number of frames/second). 

However, before I purchase a better quality TV, I just wanted to check that my virgin subscription will support 100Hz? For example, you can buy a 4K TV but if the output from the box is not 4K, then you will not receive 4K image. I want to make sure i'm not in the same predicament with the refresh rate! 

Can someone please help me? 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will Virgin media TV box support 100Hz TV?

There should be no problem. High refresh rates have been around for some time & allow large panel displays to “smooth” fast motion images. This is a modification by the TV, & is similar to upscaling from HD to UHD. 50Hz images are double rated to 100Hz, & if you have any US produced DVDs that display as 60Hz, these will also be doubled to 120Hz.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks