Menu
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Will V6/TiVo ever learn to record last minute changes in recording schedules ?

...probably never!

So I have a Series Link (which records any channel) for Holby, which is normally shown on a Tuesday evening on BBC 1HD at 8pm.

But, last night, BBC 1 decided to show this on BBC2 instead (due to tennis being on BBC1) and of course, the program guide STILL showed Holby scheduled for BBC1 and therefore the V6 started to record BBC 1 HD at 8pm due to it thinking that it was recording Holby.

I ended up watching Holby via iPlayer anyway but its a shame that software cannot detect last minute changes in the schedule and auto amend itself to record the correct channel (I guess it would be impossible for it to know its recording tennis instead of Holby because its literally just going by what it says on the schedule!!).

Oh well....!!!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Will V6/TiVo ever learn to record last minute changes in recording schedules ?

You’re correct but let’s be VERY clear here.

The fault completely lies with the BBC.

There was absolutely no reason for them re-scheduling, at the last moment.

The tennis was scheduled on BBC2 and should have stayed there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will V6/TiVo ever learn to record last minute changes in recording schedules ?

I agree with Ernie, and this happens every year during Wimbledon fortnight - they seem to think that viewers are incapable of choosing "102" on their remotes to follow major sporting events, but somehow the same channel changes are perfectly acceptable for non-football or tennis fans.

I would suggest you use https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints to raise this. Don't be surprised if they blag it off with "use the iPlayer" though - which I know misses the point entirely, but seems to be their stock answer.

The TiVo/V6 platform can usually turn around a schedule change in just under a day. There's very few circumstances on the mainstream channels where there's a genuine need to change the schedules with less notice than that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks