Menu
chimer1898
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi hub not next to v6 box

Hi, we already have VM broadband and have ordered tv. The tv V6 box arrives next week. Does the wifi hub and the V6 box need to be near each other? Our wifi hub is not near our TV will this cause a problem with connections?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi hub not next to v6 box

There is a cable which comes into the house which has to be split with one bit going to the hub and the other to the V6 box. But the installer will sort that out.

There is no other reason why it is easier if the are located near each other.

An ethernet cable is provide if they are but you can use wifi if they are not.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
chimer1898
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. This will be a self-install, so any suggestions on how to extend the connector cable between the hub and the V6 box are welcomed. 

There is a doorway between, so will run any extension cable under the carpet, just not sure what extension cable I'll need? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can't run your own cables - its against the T&C's and will not work. Do you not already have a VM connection point near the place where you want the V6? If not a sefl-install pack is unlikely to have what you need and you will need a Tech install.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
chimer1898
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The VM wall box is about 4m away from the TV. No idea why VM installed it there and not nearer at the time. I guess I'll see what comes in the box and go from there 👍

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The VM wall box will normally be located near the point the cable enters the house - not where the tv is on that day expecially if they are not installing a tv service.

@chimer1898 wrote:

The VM wall box is about 4m away from the TV. No idea why VM installed it there and not nearer at the time. I guess I'll see what comes in the box and go from there 👍

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31