Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi & Sky movies and HD channels keep freezing

I am having various problems with Wifi keeps totally cutting out for 30 seconds to a minute and also HD tv channels keep freezing for short periods then coming back on, I have only recently switched to Virgin from Sky and so far not very impressed, I have phoned there customer support and they tell me they have re-booted the system and I should not phone back for 48 hours. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi & Sky movies and HD channels keep freezing

A few things here...

Your WiFi cutting out, is best posted in the broadband forum (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Broadband/ct-p/Broadband), but we need to know if it's just your WiFi (making it a router issue), or the actual broadband connection.

Having said that... if your TV channels are freezing, this begins to look potentially like a signal issue, which no amount of resets or reboots will ever resolve for more than short periods.

I suspect you probably need to be firm with C/S that you have multiple problems and an engineer visit may be the only way to resolve them permanently. In the meantime, try posting over in the broadband forum as the regulars in there will be able to guide you through some basic checks you can do yourself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos