cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the V6 box Netflix app so flaky?

peterUK1
On our wavelength

Hi,

Have a new V6 box, after the old one broke.  I have this connected into Ethernet and all other apps work. 

I don't have Netflix through Virgin Media but was able to sign into it and use Netflix (for a few days). 

Netflix used to work but this morning, it's not starting.  If I go to Apps & Games, All Apps, and press Netflix.  I get the Netflix logo and then immediately brought back to All Apps screen.

Any idea how to resolve?  I am not factory resetting the V6 box as that's what broke the old V6 box and needed an engineer visit to resolve the boot loop by replacing the box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The frame rate instructions apply to the TV360 not the V6.

Since this is app-specific, a plain vanilla restart often resolves. Within the Clear or Restart menu, you're referring to option 4 "Clear & Delete everything" which does indeed have a known issue. Option1 "restart the TiVo box" is perfectly safe.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @peterUK1 

Have you tried the following?  Go to Home > Settings > Audio & Video >  Match Frame Rate > set  'match frame rate'  to Off

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The frame rate instructions apply to the TV360 not the V6.

Since this is app-specific, a plain vanilla restart often resolves. Within the Clear or Restart menu, you're referring to option 4 "Clear & Delete everything" which does indeed have a known issue. Option1 "restart the TiVo box" is perfectly safe.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Those settings aren't on the V6 box.

Match Frame Rate isn't an option on either.

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > AUDIO

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > DISPLAY and SUBTITLES

peterUK1
On our wavelength

Reset it once and that didn't resolve it.  Tried it later on in the evening and it worked.