Menu
Spidie35
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why is The sound on BT sport ultimate scrambled?

• I have just had a TV package upgrade and have found that On channel 531 -BT sport ultimate - the sound is all scrambled. Also had this problem when I had a free trial of Amazon Prime. I see from a post from last year that it might be a DVB SNR issue - what ever that is. How do I get this fixed?
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is The sound on BT sport ultimate scrambled?

Sound on Ch531 is fine for me, although admittedly there's no live programme at the moment - this may or may not make a difference.

Is this the only channel affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Spidie35
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying to help but I have since found the answer.
Did a google search which took me to an old post from a year ago in virgin media community about the same issue. It’s to do with the audio settings on the V6 box. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

For the benefit of others who might find this thread and be seeking help, would you mind linking to the post you found?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Spidie35
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK I’m going to show how untechnical I am cos don’t know how to link to the post. What I can do is tell you that Graham_A replied to HTT2324 on 23-5-20 that you need to go to Help and settings - settings - audio - Dolby digital and select Dolby digital to PCM.

All sorted.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks. Thread is https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/BT-Sport-Ultimate-sound-is-distorted-broken/m-p/42...