Menu
MOUGHTON312
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why did i choose virgin!

Why can I not watch video on demand of a night? Works occasionally during the day day but error codes of a night tried all the resets and setting changes doesn't work 

The Internet is constantly kicking my whole family off of devices and using 4g or just refusing to connect laptops not good when home schooling and working from home if I could leave I would its shocking! Only been a customer since December first 3 weeks was fine?

No matter how many times you check the status is great but service poor reseting boxes is a waste of time too!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why did i choose virgin!

@MOUGHTON312 wrote:

Why can I not watch video on demand of a night? Works occasionally during the day day but error codes of a night tried all the resets and setting changes doesn't work 

You've mentioned error codes, but not said what they are.... this may help in diagnosing the underlying cause.

You've hinted at speed issues with your home broadband, which may or may not be relevant.

Which TV box do you have? Check here if you're not sure

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MOUGHTON312
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

The message codes are 603 and the speed and being kicked off devices is a separate issue and my box is a v6

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

These errors can happen if the V6 box is connected to a
4K TV, but the HDMI port on the TV does not support
HDCP 2.2. Early 4K TVs often only support HDCP 2.2 on
one HDMI port:
• LG or Philips TVs: Use HDMI1
• Samsung TVs: The port is usually labelled “MHL”.

For other makes, please see the TV’s manual. Sometimes
HDCP 2.2 has to be enabled in the TV’s menus.
If there is an HDMI-connected amplifier or
soundbar, this also must support HDCP 2.2.
If no HDCP 2.2 port is available, you can also work around
the problem by setting the V6’s Video Output Format setting
to 1080p in HOME>SETTINGS>VIDEO. However, this will prevent a 4K picture ever being
displayed

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From the sounds of it, you have a couple of separate issues. The "WiFi" question is probably best posted in the WiFi board here , but as general advice - Virgin supply you with a broadband connection, and the (free, basic) router converts that into WiFi.

Which makes the obvious question... is it your WiFi that's the issue (which could have all manner of causes completely outside VM's control), or the broadband?.... Post in the broadband section and the regulars will help. Just helps keep any subsequent discussion a little easier to track!

The TV... Error 603 is often associated with HDCP issues - this is High Definition Copy Protection and is often caused by older TVs that aren't fully compliant with the latest standards.

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MOUGHTON312
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks your help, I  already have it set to 1080p and the fault is intermittent as I cam watch shows sometimes issues are maiy if an evening 

I'll post the WiFi question on the correct page 

0 Kudos