cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White light flashing on V6 box and losing internet

JS999
Tuning in

My V6 box has a white light flashing on the front and unreliable WIFi 

I’ve rebooted the TV box and the hub but still have the same problem. Help!

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've referred to a V6 but posted in the TV360 forum, the two use very different software. Which do you have? V6 have the TiVo logo next to the video preview. TV360 don't.

Can you explain what you mean by unreliable WiFi? Are you able to use an Ethernet cable to connect your TV box to your router?

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi JS999,

According to this Link a box with the light flashing in any colour is faulty.

I would suggest you call Virgin, 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Or you can wait for a forum team member to respond which may be 2 to 3 days.

Apologies, but it is a V6 box. I don’t have an Ethernet cable, we use Wi-Fi. Every couple of days the Wi-Fi drops out, sometimes it goes completely and other times it won’t connect to one or two devices. When this happens the lights flash white on the front of the box. I’ve also rebooted the hub which sometimes helps as well.

roy247
Community elder

You should have received one with the V6 and hub, if you haven't got one can you borrow one to try if the hub is close to the box a cable connection is always preferable.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there JS999,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the signal issues on the V6, we can also order an ethernet cable for this if it can be co-located as such.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further, the message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain